Monday, April 9, 2012

Assignment Sheets

In an effort to make life easier, over the years I have created and perfected my own school planner.

This sheet which I have created using Microsoft Word, has helped me and my children to keep track of their assignments. It helps me to know what needs to be scheduled, what has and hasn't been completed, and my students can easily see what is expected of them throughout the day.  

Each week is highlighted alternately white and yellow to make it easier to view. I usually only schedule one week at a time and write everything in pencil to allow for changes in our week (company coming in etc.)

 When an assignment has been completed, I simply check it off with a green pen.  For any subject that they don't need to do that day I put an "X" with the green pen.  If there was something they were supposed to do and didn't, I circle it in red. Horror of horrors! My children HATE to see anything marked in red!

Because it's so large, I use legal size paper and fold it in half.  

Having all  three of my school age children in the same level of science, I don't want to have to write the same assignment three times as that would be too time consuming, and the whole idea is to find easier more efficient ways to do school.  So, I just have a sheet protector hanging on the wall in which I insert the entire week's Science schedule.



This is actually a rather modified image of the actual table. It was modified during the process of  trying to post it on here.  There is actually 3 weeks worth of assignments per side and Friday's row is much more even with the rest of the rows.
















I hope this will be of help to someone out there. Even if it only inspires you to create your own designed way of organizing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment