Monday, October 7, 2013

Pecan Turtles

After working on a questionnaire from a friend that included asking what my favorite candy was, I got a big hankerin for some CHOCOLATE!!! Soooo I made this chocolate turtle recipe up myself. They need a little perfecting, but they still tasted good. 

Arrange pecans on some foil so you have a head, tail, and four feet. 

















Cut a caramel almost in half and place over pecans.
Toast in toaster oven just till caramel is soft.






















Put a dab of melted chocolate chips on top and carefully spread.
Allow chocolate to cool till hardened.
















Enjoy!

I had also made some of what I called Rocky Road candies. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of those and they were so pretty. 

I cut a marshmallow in half, placed a walnut on top and again, put a dab of melted chocolate chips on top using a toothpick to spread down over the sides and slightly shaping into round balls that kind of resembled cherry cordials. Then, I sprinkled a little colored candy sprinkles on top and let it cool till chocolate hardened. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment